Two years ago I cut my hair extremely short. Faced with limited styling options, I wanted to change up my look, but didn't have a clue how. Most hair accessories simply aren't made for women with only an inch of hair, so I really had to flex my creative muscles to change up my look... I randomly tied a scarf as a headband one day, loved the look and I've been hooked ever since. Today I probably own two dozen scarves in all different prints, colors and textures. I have a scarf to go with virtually any outfit!
REASONS WHY I LOVE SCARVES:
- extremely affordable accessory... you can buy them for under $5
- elevate an otherwise plain outfit to something more stylish
- provide a pop of color or print
- versatile (you can wear them so many ways)
- tied around your waist as a belt
- worn in your hair as a headband
- attached to your handbag for a dose of bohemian whimsy
- knotted around your neck for Parisian flair
- wrapped around your waist as an obi belt
- disguise a bad hair day
- hold thick hair in place (bye, bye skinny headbands that do nothing for me)
- push back bangs or give short hair a different look
How do you like to wear scarves? Which are your favorite looks from above? Chime-in via the comments section.